Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Short day today.

Since we had a long day yesterday and got a lot of miles in, today was pretty short only 375 miles. Since there is now a 3 hour time difference and I get up at 6AM eastern time I spend most of my morning driving in the dark. I arrived here in Bakersfield about 11AM local time. I have to make my first delivery at 7AM tomorrow morning and it's about 2 hours away so I'll leave here at 8AM by my clock. All very confusing, but my log book has to be kept on the time where the home office is, besides I'm not in any one time zone all that long.

I have started geotagging my pictures. Geotagging means that the picture has latitude and longitude information stored with the picture. I have also started a web page with some geotagged pictures. If you go here......http://www.locr.com/profile/somewhereinusa
and click on a thumbnail it will show the picture along with where I was when I took the picture. Waaaaaaay cool.

I love mountains in the distance when all you can see is different layers of blue.



Another of distant mountains with train.



Joshua tree.



Tehachapi Pass windmills.



Tejon ranch. 270,000 acres.



Dick & Kate

1 comment:

An English Shepherd said...

Like the wind farm picture, a sort of modern forest :-)