Thursday, March 26, 2009

Getti'n close to home now.

We got through in Indianapolis today with three delivered at one place. Now on to Michigan then home. Only about 300 miles now.
One of my goals is to show what this great country looks like in many places as well as trying to make good pictures. In looking back over the pictures I have posted, I'm not sure that I'm doing that. Many of them have a feel of being much alike. It's obvious that I like farms and clouds, and wide open spaces. One of the problems, at least for me, is that in the urban areas, there are signs, posts,fences and other "stuff" that just gets in the way. I try to shoot "through" the obstacles and then crop to show the beauty, but sometimes it's just not possible at 60 mph.
If anyone has suggestions of things you'd like to see, I'll try my best to see if I can capture it.

I do have more river pictures today.

Illinois river.



Rock river.



Flooded area in southern Indiana.



Farm in Illinois.



Kate & Dick

2 comments:

An English Shepherd said...

I like your pictures & wide open spaces look good :-)

Over here in the UK different parts of the country had different styles of houses, is that the same in the USA? With modern buildings and less local builders unfortunately the new houses being built all look the same :-)

Ginny said...

Hi Dick,

You asked for suggestions:

You're not posting the same picture of the same farm week after week. Your eye is great and you capture the essence of the time of day, light, weather, and mood on a wide variety of landscapes and eye-catching attractions stretching across the country. The way you crop things enhances the picture and captures the FEEL of the place.

These are wonderful glimpses -- slices of life -- that I enjoy watching. It's almost as if I'm in the cab with you while you say: Hey, would you look at THAT! It's great to be able to share these moments captured in time with you.

And you DO take a heck of a good photo. This is definitely NOT like looking at someone's boring vacation snapshots. Not even close!!

My ONLY suggestion would be that while you keep doing what you're doing, to also take a moment when you stop for the day to include more of Kate and Molly in your travels. Those shots you almost always have more time to thoughtfully compose and you capture them in some terrific settings.

I also enjoy some of the different pix you capture when you've stopped for the night -- very creative close-ups of unusual leaves enhanced in glowing light, glimpses of life on the road at truck stops, walks with the dogs -- that sort of thing.

Your life is rich with nature and art and dogs and appreciation. The moments you capture with your camera are loved by all who see them. You give us a peek at something we'd not see otherwise. Your blog banner says it all: Somewhere in USA Traveling with Kate and Molly. I love the banner picture and the road leading off into the distance promises lots more glimpses I wouldn't ordinarily see.

Keep up the good work. You're doing a stellar job!!

Ginny