Monday, March 2, 2009

Just another expensive day.

Well, at least it's about over. We got a good start with the first delivery done by 8:30, boy was it cold. Making good time, we stopped to get fuel, and there was a flat tire on the trailer, and the tire was no good. We stopped at one place and I thought their prices were a bit high (I thought we were in a recession). We went down the road a bit and they were over $200 higher for two tires. I decided to go farther and see if I could find something more reasonable, I was almost to the door and she said maybe she could do better. She got the price down to almost what the first place quoted, so rather than waste more time, I said OK. After about 2 hours, the mechanic (?) came in and said that he had broken my hubcap trying to get the tire out. The hubcap holds the oil in for the bearings. He did replace what was broken for no charge. I had to tell him how to jack up the trailer so he could get the wheel out. (This isn't rocket science) Anyway, after about 3 hours and many $$$$$$$$$$$, we were on our way again. We're about half a day behind, but since we're headed into the Boston area where they are having the worst snow of the year, that's probably a good thing.
I called one of the delivery places about 4PM, they have about 11 inches of snow and it was still snowing hard.Soooooo, here's hoping tomorrow will at least be not terrible.

The farther east I get, the harder it is to get good pictures from the road. Here are a couple from yesterday in OH.



Dick,Kate & Molly