Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's been a long time.

I can't believe it's been over a year since I last posted. A lot has happened. We retired from driving. Yippee!!!!!!! Officially in October, although I quit driving in August. I like to drive, I just don't like waking up in the morning and thinking "I have to be 500 miles from here before I quit today" My new project is c
onverting a 1991 Bluebird school bus into a motor home. It is a 40 foot rear engine,automatic, with a Cat 3116. I have the bus and much of the "stuff" to do the conversion. Now if I just had 36 hours a day to get everything done.
Here's a picture of the bus. Taken at the dealer where I bought it in Moriarty,NM.

I took a Grayhound to New Mexico and drove it back. Another adventure to add to my list.

Here is a drawing of what I hope the interior will be like.Plans are still changing, but this is the main idea.


It will serve double duty as a showroom with computers for Dick's Photography as well as letting us travel and stay in comfort.
Mumsywumsy has also retired and hopefully she will travel with me, Kate and Molly.

I hope to keep up with the blog and post pictures of the bus conversion, until we can start traveling again.

No comments: