Monday, January 26, 2009

Another day on the road

I got a bit of a late start this morning, I was working on this blog. Temp got down to 11° last night. When I did get started I had some frozen brakes and had to get that sorted out. (In really cold weather,if it has been snowing or you back into some deep snow, the brake linings freeze to the drums, and it's hard to get them unstuck.) It was snowing and blowing pretty hard all morning. If it's really cold out snow is less of a problem since it blows across the road and traffic doesn't pack it down into ice. I made good time anyway and got over 550 miles today.

Here's a picture showing some of the snow barriers in Wyoming, there are quite a few of them. They are to help keep snow from drifting across the road so much. You can see that there is quite a drift behind them.


Unless plans get changed, I should be home tomorrow night.

1 comment:

BCxFour said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL picture! I love the sky and how the light is reflecting off the snow. Just beautiful.

-Carolynn